You may pick up a Financial Assistance Packet from the AMEN House Monday - Friday. Completed application need to be submitted back to the front desk at the AMEN House no later than noon on Thursdays to be considered for call back interviews.
Before you can apply for Financial Assistance you must first fill out a general application for AMEN House services. An application may be picked up at the AMEN House on Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 12:00pm. Completed applications should be returned to the AMEN House accompanied by:
- Proof of ID
- Proof of Scott County residence
- Proof of income for your entire household
Priority will be given to:
- Households below the 130% poverty level
- Households with active crisis
- Households with a plan for how they will be able to pay their bills on their own moving forward
- Fill out the application completely.
- Applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis by our financial assistance team.
- Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and are due by noon on Thursdays.
- AMEN House will set up appointments of Friday mornings before noon for those applicants selected for potential assistance, so please make sure you have submitted a working phone number.
- Not every application will receive an appointment. If you haven't been contacted by Friday, you are not being considered for assistance.
- Scheduling an appointment does not guarantee financial assistance.
- Please be prepared with all supporting documentation at the time of your appointment. Priority will be given to households facing a crisis situation with a plan that will return the household to self-sustainability.
- You will be required to show written documentation to support the details of your crisis.
- Effective July 1, 2017, it is no longer required for a bill to be past due. Instead we encourage families in crisis to be proactive to avoid late fees associated with past due bills.